Tuesday 17 February 2015

Aqua S, Sydney

Gone are the days where we hear Greeensleeves playing streets away and our heads perk up as if we are meerkats trying to depict which direction it’s coming from so we can all dash over instantly to be the first in line.


Now, we make our ways to a set location for our soft serves. And knowing how popular Aqua S has been, it is only normal for Miss MC and I to choose to have this before dinner. Only because we don’t want to wait too long, and come 6.30pm the line is already about 10 people deep.  The wait would probably longest when waiting for your order, the anticipation!


I believe they change their flavours every 2 weeks or so, thus I had missed out on the lemon tea! However, on this fair night I was more than happy to see the strawberry cheesecake, because HELLO PINKNESS! I can always be back to try the sea salt.

So we both chose the mix, strawberry cheesecake and salted dark chocolate. I am in love with the texture of this soft serve!! It’s smooth, yet it still manages to hold up well, come on – look at how well its standing even after so many shots! I must say the strawberry cheesecake does over power the dark chocolate, as I failed to taste the chocolate.


The fairy floss is dense, and I am thankful for that as can you imagine it melting against the soft serve? Messy! But it really holds up well, as Miss MC was trying to pick at all her popcorn before she started on anything else.


My burnt marshmallow was nice in all ways smokey, I also got a hint of popping candy – because why not!? Although I would personal suggest that the popcorn seems like a good idea (perhaps for photo purposes) but eating it really isn’t very ideal…


So tell me, do you miss hearing Greensleeves playing on the street and the days where you would stop what you’re doing to buy a Mr Whippy?

Aqua s
Regent Place
Shop 27, Level 10,
501 George Street

Sydney

Aqua S on Urbanspoon

10 comments:

  1. Love how fair floss has gastronomically evolved! Now it's chunkier and more delightful! Great find, Cassie!

    Julie & Alesah
    Gourmet Getaways xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha yes, chunkier indeed! I have a massive love for fairy floss!

      Delete
  2. Gelato Messina has absolutely ruined all ice-cream/gelato for me. Nothing else compares. So much so I wont even go near another ice-cream shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No... !!! You must try others, if not Aqua S - go try Anita or cow and moon as well ;)

      Delete
  3. I think you can sometimes hear it on the weekends via the occasional truck but that music was like the best sound as a child! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes, when near parks they try to find kids :D
      But totally agree with you, best sound as a child!

      Delete
  4. Haha I didn't end up eating my fairy floss either but I agree it makes for a very Instagrammable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Cassie,

    I love playing Greensleeves on the piano when it's drizzling rain or perhaps just after the rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, greensleeves is a very calming music, can imagine how nice it must sound with the pitter patters

      Delete